Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My kickstart to d World of Novels


Although, for ever, only syllabus books were prescribed to me by school teachers n parents alike.. but d twist in my story came when one day during our Library period (when most of us used to grab Champak, Balhans, Nandan, or so), our lib. teacher, instead, recommended me d hindi version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne.. that time I might had been in 5th or 6th std.

Moreover, around same time I was awarded some novel books in our school Annual Function for standing 1st in my class 5th.. which I read subsequently as n when I found time apart from school homework, tests, playing outdoors, and so many adventure serials (like Mahabharat, Capt. Vyom, Shaktiman, Suraag, Shri Krishna, Chandrakanta, etc. etc.) etc...

Those were d days I developed interest in novels; that too, adventure ones as it's in my blood.. and d saga continues till now ;)

And there was one dream of mine since reading that first novel... I vowed myself to complete its sort-of-incomplete ending.. since then, that dream has grown into writing novel(s) of my own.. I do have some brilliant story-lines.. bt d time reqd. to be devoted for this 'noble' cause is checking it to be fulfilled.... but someday u'll definitely find a copy of mine(s) in ur bookshelves.. ;) :D

P.S. -- apart from that, since writing novel is a huge task, I also developed interest in reading n writing poetry in college days (thnx to a few of my very good 'poet' frnds)... so, have written about 50+ poems till now cumulatively in both languages... :)

No comments: