Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Dil ki Deal on Snapdeal 1

Learning to play Flute has always been an aspiration which never got its due in my busy world, and it's not like I didn't try for it. It's just that I wasn't able to find any mentor nor a nice flute shop to purchase and start as a beginner. But last year I came across The Bangalore Harmonica and Reed Instrument Festival and I went for it without second thoughts.

Harmonica, or Mouth Organ, has always been my 2nd favourite musical instrument. And attending the harmonica festival and listening to so many wonderful amateur and professional players of the instrument, I made up my mind to finally give way to the longing musical earnestness inside me. And I ordered two pieces online. Why two! Well, it had a surprise attached with it then. A surprise leading to and resulting in Dil Ki Deal.

Later in that month, it was the birthday of one of my very good friends. And I had earlier mentioned to him that I was going to buy and learn harmonica soon and he had shown honest interest in that for himself too. Thus, buying two Tower Chromatic Harmonica (after much research and consultation) under Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF), an initiative by Google, got me a good deal online and some cashback as well. What I had planned after this I myself didn't even know. I think it was all in my subconscious waiting for the idea to take turn as the time comes.

I gradually learned the basics of playing harmonica online viewing youtube videos. Got the musical notes for a few songs like Jingle Bell, Twinkle Twinkle, etc. and learned to play them amateurishly. And after a month or so, the day came when I went to my friend's room and surprised him by playing Happy Birthday To You over Harmonica (not in perfect tune though, but the effort matters) and then gifted him the second Harmonica. He was delighted and spell-bound and thanked me enough for this Dil Ki Deal. Now whenever we get time, we try learning the instrument together sometimes. And we are planning to play it at the top peaks of mountains whenever we go for trekking next, or at the shore of a beautiful lake whenever we head for bicycling ride.

Life is never easy, it's made worth living by such Dil ki Deals creating and sharing happines, voila!


P.S. -- “I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdeal activity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.”

No comments: