When it comes to your safety, there is no other option but to be Smart! When we are caught in an unwanted situation, there’s nothing that strikes us owing to the fear created and we end up landing ourselves into more trouble instead of getting out of the situation safely. It is always better to keep some tips ready in your head so that you, even as an impulse reaction, do the right thing and end up safe. Smart Suraksha App is one such application for Android phones which at the touch of a single button sends your message of help to five pre-chosen contacts on your phone. Another great feature of this app being that along with your message, it also fetches and sends your location to the chosen contacts even if the GPS setting on your phone is switched off. This ensures that at all times you are reachable to your close ones and that your safety is ensured.
1. Install and trial run Smart Suraksha App so as to ensure no-panick mode when confronted with any security challenge in reality.
2. Practice calling our for HELP loudly so as to give yourself an extra confidence of using the same when faced with a situation demanding the same.
3. Never hesitate to run while calling out for help whenever you see yourself in a tricky situation concerning your safety.
4. Always keep an extra phone battery and pepper spray with you, just in case.
5. If possible, try to keep extra company of friend(s) with you during the darker hours of the day/night, just to be safe than sorry.
6. Learn little bit of martial arts for your own protection, and use them if and when need arises.
7. Save the women helpline numbers of police as well as NGOs into your phone. Better to have such a backup to fall upon, if nothing else works
8. Always keep atleast someone in your friend circle informed about your whereabouts, by messaging or calling them (in rotation) regarding your location/situation at hand.
9. Whenever you sense weirdness about your safety, try to come to a nearyby crowded place, and start talking loudly (faking a phone call, or just shouting to noone in particular) so as to attract attention towards you, thereby discouraging the predator.
10. Make a note of these and more preventive tricks into your phone or diary, and revise them atleast once a day, so that your mind remains conscious always how to come out of any uncomfortable situation asap.
Hope my safety tips help you in some way or the other, rather I hope you never get to use them, such should be the environment in every city/village of our country. But just in case, precaution is always better than cure. So prepare yourself in advance and just remember - you are your first saviour, ma'm!