Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hug your Dad... now!

"A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be"

A mother is like an ocean to her child while a father is the anchor of his kid's life. He held our hand as we learnt to walk. He picked us up when we were low. He gave us counsel in our darkest times. He cared for us when we were sick. He gave us a tight hug whenever we needed it. This Father's Day, I am blogging about to the ever unshakeable anchor of my life, my dad as I am really grateful for everything he has done for me. It’s time I pay him a special tribute and give him a warm hug.

I still remember from very small age how he, after coming from work in the evening, would teach and revise me every academic lesson I learnt at school. During exam times, he would often keep awake himself besides me and made sure I have practised all the examples of questions of mathematics in rough notebook. He would listen the answers to almost all questions from Science, English, Hindi, Social Studies, etc. And then only he slept even though he had to be at his office early the next day. But that never deterred him from escaping even a single minute where he could contribute towards my studies.

For all the other subjects he had to make sure either him or my mother had to listen answers so that I have had learnt all the questions to be asked in the oral or written examinations, the process continued till my 5th standard. After that, he mostly used to devote his full attention to my mathematics asking me to solve each and every question form the textbook before him, and then he used to match the answers before proceeding to next question or rebuking and slapping a little for easy mistakes. Now I feel those rebukes and slaps went a long way in transforming my studies, especially my Mathematics. This helped me in taking Non-medical after 10th board exams and finally clearing the prestigious AIEEE with AIR 3361. I have hold on to this magical number then as an integral part of my primary email id. And all that is due to him. Even he hadn't been strict about our studies and devoted himself to make sure we had all the facilities needed for studies, like emergency lantern with a mantle, no cable tv connection, etc. He has sacrificed much and now it's my time to thank him though it will never be enough.



The best Father's Day gift is one you don't have to unwrap ... #HugYourDad


P.S. -- This father’s day, I am expressing my love towards my dad by participating in the #HugYourDad activity at BlogAdda in association with Vicks.

No comments: