Monday, July 21, 2014

Super zest of my life

Following are a few of the things which add great zest to my short life on the Earth:

(1) Badminton: Everyone has his own way of meditation; mine is Badminton.
Playing badminton is the only time when I am utterly focussed on one and only one task. Rest of my time, if not sleeping, is spent multi-tasking. Badminton calms my external being and soothes my internal being, thus bringing the best amalgamation of myself.

(2) Cycling: One can understand this zest only when he or she has cruised the wind at a speed of >30 km/h bare-faced. I have loved bicycling since my school days, making way through tar roads without holding handles in the morning time when rush is less, half-pedalling with caution on water-flooded roads during monsoon only to reach my intermediate school 13 kms away from home. But since then, I could savor cycling during college holidays when I used to come back home and visit old friends cycling all the way to different parts of the city. Unable to hide my passion for any long, recently I purchased my first mountain bike (MTB) Scott Aspect 640 on which I have completed more than 1000 km till now. And the latest fever on my mind is to become a Randonneur by completing 200 km in 13.5 hours. Thumbs up!

(3) Reading novels: This is one ultimate pastime when I don't want to do anything else. Just lie down in my cot and go on savoring wonderful lives, different worlds, amazing personalities infinitude. I have finished reading more than 100 novels as of now and have now also become an occasional book reviewer.

(4) Adventure: Now if there's one word which describes me to most extent, it's Adventurous. Every breath I take if devoid of adventure feels heavy and dull. Being adventurous imparts liveliness to the moments present as well as those when it pops up as a breathtaking memory.

(5) Poetry: The window of one's soul, poetry completes my emotional being by pouring my eternal or situational feelings into rhyming words. I just don't feel relaxed at the night unless I create atleast a two-liner before retiring to my beautiful sleep.

मेरी कविता क्या है! ... सच्चाई के दो मोती हैं
एक खुशी की परछाईं का, एक दर्द की गहराई का
--
विकास प्रताप सिंह 'हितैषी'


P.S. -- This post is a part of the #ZestUpYourLife activity in association with TATA Zest and BlogAdda.com

No comments: